Thank you for visiting our list of the most Frequently Asked Questions. Below you'll find answers to the questions we receive most often. If you can't find an answer to your question, feel free to contact us


We are always looking to develop strategic relationships with companies and organizations that work to enhance the impact of VFW programs and services directed toward service members, veterans and their families. By aligning with our post, you will be associated with our nationally recognizable brand and our more than 1.5 million VFW and Auxiliary members, plus their family members. More importantly you will be supporting programs and outreach here in your local community. If your organization or company is interested in working with us, please contact our Senior Vice Commander. 

You must be a veteran who has honorably served overseas in an area of foreign conflict in order to join the VFW. However, if you are not eligible for VFW membership but are the parent, grandparent, spouse, sibling, child or grandchild of a qualifying veteran, you can apply for membership in the VFW Auxiliary. Visit our Auxiliary's page to find out more.

You can contact the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) for copies of your Leave and Earnings Statements (LES) or they can direct you to your service-specific finance office for those records.

No. The VFW's congressional charter prohibits the organization from endorsing or otherwise supporting political candidates or any individual running for a public office position.

Yes. VFW Service Officers are trained professionals, skilled in navigating the complex VA claims process and helping veterans to recover billions in VA benefits and compensation each year. Whether you're just preparing to file a claim or considering filing an appeal to your disability rating, check out our Veteran Benefits and Assistance page or stop in at the HOPE Center of Edmond on Tuesdays between 10-2 and see our service officer in person to learn more. Most importantly this service is FREE and you don't have to be a member to take advantage of this service.

Whether you're active-duty, retired, or honorably discharged from the military, you are eligible to join if you meet our eligibility requirements.

You can contact the National Personnel Records Center at 314.801.0800 or via its website. In addition to providing copies of military records, they are able to update records to correct errors or reflect awards that may have been issued retroactively.

Monthly meetings are held on the First Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. We are currently meet at 16 E. Campbell, Edmond OK 73034.
Weekly coffee is held every Friday from 8-10 a.m. at Around The Corner Diner
Check out our calendar to see what else we are doing.